Want to own a company that makes a positive difference every day?
Work with your hands, own your own schedule, and feel great about what you do. By greening homes and small businesses, you can help reduce utility bills and carbon footprints. A true win-win. You can call your service whatever you want, brand it how you like, and do business on your own terms and schedule.
And it’s F-R-E-E!
(More on that in a moment)
When you work with us to start your company, it means you are the boss. You can use this package as part of another business, do it as a hobby where you just ask people to pay what they can, or launch it as its own entity.
No one will tell you when to work, you owe no royalties, and you can take 3 or 6 months off a year if you like. It’s 100% up to you.
Can you actually make money doing this?
Yes, we’ve been doing it for seven years.
What we’re offering to help you with is the accumulated knowledge, tools, training, research and development that we’ve refined after 7 successful years running Pono Home, a service that greens homes and small businesses. You’ll get personalized help from Pono Home’s founder, Scott Cooney, (pictured to the right, on the cover of Pacific Edge Magazine‘s sustainability issue a few years ago).
So why aren’t we just expanding?
Managing employees from far away is not what we want to do. This business works best with a local owner, so we explored franchising, and found it to be onerous. We’d have to:
- impose minimums on you,
- dictate where you work (your territory),
- tell you what colors your shirts have to be,
- even tell you which tool to use to loosen a wing nut…
- ….AND, we’d have to price in all the legal fees, oversight, management, etc., and charge as much as $30K, plus 6% royalties
If you want a sneak preview of the type of work we’ll teach you how to do, check out this video. Note the bidding tool our technician shows the client is something that we will share with you.
We’re proud of the work we’ve done, and you will be, too. Every year, from the homes we’ve serviced, Pono Home is saving:
What other business opportunity do you know that will allow you to fight climate change, make money, save people money, and be (entirely) your own boss?
OK, so what do you mean this is all free?
We do ask you for a deposit up front, but you get a full refund, minus a $150 credit card processing fee if you pay with a CC, if you:
- Do customer discovery with 3 property management companies, your municipality/local energy conservation program, and 5 homeowners in your area. We will provide a template for this, to show you exactly what to do. All you need to do is interview them to find out what their pain points are, and where your business could fit in.
- Do 3 audits. Take your training, your tool belt, and a clipboard and hit the road to audit a few homes – we’ll train you how and give you access to software and paperwork that make the job easy.
So how do we make money? Well, we hope that you’ll love the business, decide to do it more full time, and opt into Package 2 at some point so we can build you custom software. But if you decide not to, that’s totally fine, too! Our primary goal is to solve climate change and empower people from all walks of life to green their communities with our tools. We are also developing follow-on revenue models that will make both you and us money as you do more and more energy efficiency in your community. Feel free to ask about that in your interview with our team.
Here’s our pricing for two different packages:
How do I get started?
Simply fill out the following form and we’ll be in touch with you shortly!