Greening your home through energy efficiency has many benefits:
- It is one of the best investments you can make. How good? Light retrofits provide about an 18.5% annual return, and deep retrofits 4%.
- It reduces your carbon footprint. Even if your home is 100% solar, that solar could be sent back to the grid and sold to others who don’t have all solar, reducing the need for coal, oil, and natural gas.
- The impact is immediate. You may not notice until your next billing cycle, but rest assured, you’re saving money as soon as you make the changes.
- It can extend the life of your appliances. Many efficiency measures will reduce wear and tear on your home.
- It improves your comfort. Ever spent the winter in a cold climate with drafty windows?
Sign up here to get information about home energy efficiency programs in your area and to connect with a qualified contractor for a no-obligation conversation.